23 Oct 2020
Large-scale Social Restrictions (PSBB) are certain activities of residents in an area suspected of being infected by Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in such a way as to prevent possible spread.
Based on the Government Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia No. 21 of 2020, PSBB is conducted during the longest incubation period of 14 days. If there is still evidence of the spread of a new case, it can be extended within 14 days from the discovery of the last case.
Local Governments must obtain approval from the Minister of Health to carry out PSBB in their respective regions. As of April 14, 2020, the following Regional Governments have been approved by the Minister of Health to conduct PSBB:
- DKI Jakarta Province (starting 10 April 2020)
- Bogor City, Bogor Regency, Bekasi City, Bekasi Regency and Depok City (starting 15 April 2020)
- Tangerang City, Tangerang Regency, and Tangerang Selatan City (starting 18 April 2020)
- Surabaya Raya (Surabaya, Gresik and Sidoarjo), starting 28 April 2020
Limitation of activities on PSBB
- Close schools and workplaces
Office activities were stopped, except for the health sector, food, energy, communication, finance and banking, logistics, daily necessities, and strategic industries.
- Restrictions on religious activities
- Limitation of activities in public places/facilities
A crowd of more than 5 people is prohibited.
- Limitation of social and cultural activities
- Limitation of transportation modes
Maximum number of passengers is 50 percent of vehicle capacity. The operational hours of public transportation on the route and infrastructure are limited from 6:00 to 18:00.
- Limitation of other activities specifically related to defense and security aspects
Except in the context of upholding the country’s sovereignty, maintaining territorial integrity, and protecting the Indonesian people from threats and harassment.
PSBB Social Safety Net
The government has prepared a Social Safety Net program for small-income people affected by the PSBB policy in order to break the chain of COVID-19 distribution. Assistance with the Social Safety Net program includes:
- Family Hope Program (PKH)
- Cash Intensive Work (PKT)
- Basic Food Cards
- Job Cards
- Electricity subsidies
- Direct Cash Assistance (BLT)
- Special Social Aid Jabodetabek Region